THE AUTHOR

My photo
Lover, Friend, Thinker, Blogger, Poet, Believer

Thursday, March 11, 2010

82nd Academy Awards Best Dressed

This is dedicated to Coco my Coco, Courty McCourt and Nerney McDreamy. There were some really amazing outfits on the red carpet but I can't account for all of them that's too much work. So I've chosen my top ten Best, just OK and Horrendous picks because everyone wants to know my opinion right? lol

Let's begin with Top Ten I liked

10. Gabourey Sidibe

Gabourey looked very nice in this blue dress. It fit her bubbly personality and worked very well for her size so she gets a snap! for that effort

9. Meryl Streep

At number 9 is Meryl Streep. This dress was not a stand out in your face spectacular piece but I liked it for her for some reason. I think I also liked it because Meryl took a chance on a budding designer from project runway (Chris March)and it works for her so Meryl you worked it!

8.Sandra Bullock

I love Sandra Bullock and I love that she won. I think she could've pushed the envelope with the dress she chose for the win. She looked great but not stunning. I guess she wanted to be safer than sorry. It worked but next time homegirl be more daring. You are too beautiful to be just safe!


7. Helen Mirren

This woman makes growing old almost delicious and attractive. I absolutely love the way she dresses all the time. Whoever her stylist is I will advise her to definitely keep him or her. She gets two thumbs up for this gown...kudos Helen!

6. Carey Mulligan

This girl is just a hot juicy spicy Tamale Woot Woot! I love that every time I see her she looks different. She's the new Madonna and the next queen of reinvention. I absolutely love her pettite look and she scores with me so that's two snaps and a sommersault...bravissima Carey!!

5.Cameron Diaz

Cameron Diaz looked Stunning! in this outfit. I absolutely loved it. It makes up for all her past nots! you have redeemed yourself dear. Good job, I'll go look for this for Courty Court because that peach color for the brides maid dress is not going to work lol

4.Kristen Stewart

I don't particularly enjoy her as an actress and her awkwardness doesn't help either but this was a great dress and she wore it well and that's all I'll say. Because if you can't say something nice don't talk at all or so they say :)

3.Penelope Cruz

Sitting at number 3 is lovely Penelope Cruz. Seriously can this woman ever wear anything wrong? I wait to see. She looked just Gorgeous! she gets two thumbs up and a full split. Good job!

2.Demi Moore and Vera Farmiga



Tied for the number two spot are Vera Farmiga and Demi Moore. Vera's dress has received mixed reviews but I absolutely loved the way she looked in it. Just beautiful and graceful. It was a bold and daring move something some stars can learn from. And can we talk about Demi Moore, she has definitely found the youthful gene. She looks just marvelous and they both get three snaps, a somersault two splits and five half sound snaps. Love it!

1.Rachel McAdams

Can I hear BOLD and BEAUTIFUL twice please?! when I think of oscar gowns I'm thinking anything but print but wowy wow this was a successful dress. I don't know if it was the wearer or the dress but all I can say is I was pleasantly impressed. I just loved what the dress does in the middle and just how great it looks on her. So Rachel you have scored the top spot with that bold statement and worked your way to the number 1 spot of my first ever Oscar dresses in review. You get 5 snaps, a back flip a triple somersault a back handspring, a triple axle, a double lutz a quadruple falsetto belted in A major and a hand on the waist. you killed it you rock!

The horrendous picks come tomorrow so watch out for them you don't want to miss this. Trust me

2 comments:

Court said...

I'm glad you were willing to temporarily stray from your more serious themes. This was very fun to read. Hot like a spicy burrito. :)

jhue said...

AHAHAHAH OMG your comments on rachel mcadams cracked me UPPPP

i LOVE THIS POST!!! so entertaining.. and good picks! :P